Friday, January 31, 2014

Starting a new Project - 3

The finished result

 Många av er har säkert gissat att det skulle bli ett halsband. Jag blev så inspirerad när jag såg ett liknande halsband på en beskrivning på Panduro Hobby.

Many of you have probably guessed that it would become a necklace. I was so inspired when I saw a similar necklace in a description at Panduro Hobby.

Nu gjorde jag inte riktigt som i beskrivningen och dessutom så var jag ”som vanligt” tvungen att improvisera lite eftersom jag inte tänkte på att det gick åt sådana ”enorma mängder” tyg. Nu menar jag i längd.
Now, I did not quite do as the description said and in addition, I was "as usual" forced to improvise a little because I did not think of that it would require such a "massive amounts" of fabric. Now I mean in length.

Jag ville ju ha remsor till att knyta en rosett som i beskrivningen, men mina två meter remsa räckte inte riktigt.
I wanted to have the strips to tie a bow as in the description, but my two meter strip was not quite enough.

Eftersom jag hade valt att ha tyg kulor längs hela längden av ett lite längre halsband skulle jag naturligtvis tänkt på att göra en ännu längre remsa. Men det går nästan alltid att lösa saker om man bara ”tar ett djupt andetag och tänker efter”.
Nästa gång ska jag visa hur jag nästan osynligt löste problemet.
Since I had chosen to have fabric beads along the entire length of a longer necklace, I should of course have thought about doing a longer strip. But it is almost always possible to resolve things if you just "take a deep breath and think about it".
The next time I'll show how I almost invisible solved the problem.

2 comments:

  1. Lotta that is SEW cute, my gosh. That fabric really makes the necklace. Darling project.

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patty. Yes it is a really nice necklace but I had to make some alterations as you can read about in the 4 th part / Lotta

      Delete