Friday, March 25, 2016

How hard can it be? Or…. Part 2


Långfredag och ledig i fyra dagar. Skönt… jag har massor av planer och som vanligt kommer jag väl bara hinna en bråkdel av dem :-)
Lite kommer ju säker vädret att påverka. Igår var det ett strålande vårväder – lite kyligt men solen sken och det var precis så ljust och fint som en tidig vårdag kan vara. I morse var det lite gråare och fuktigt. Man kan se att de små påskliljorna är på väg upp även om de inte slagit ut ännu.
Good Friday and four days off. Nice ... I have lots of plans and as usual I will probably only have time for a fraction of them :-)
The weather will for sure have impact on what I will do. Yesterday was a glorious spring weather - a little chilly but the sun was shining and it was just as bright and nice as an early spring day can be. This morning it was a little grayer and humid. One can see that the little daffodils are on their way up even if they are not in bloom yet.

Jag fortsätter på min lilla börs – jag har ritat upp mönstret på smörpapper…
I continue on my small purse - I have drawn up the pattern on waxed paper ...

…och jag har valt ett vårlikt Tildatyg.
... and I have chosen a spring-like Tilda fabric.


Så där plötsligt bara – hade jag ingen vadd hemma utan det fick bli en restbit från en tunn fleece. Nåja, det ska säkert fungera det också. Jag limmar fast smörpappret på fleecen och syr längs nederdelen av börsens mall genom fleece och yttertyg. Det går enkelt om man följer mallen.
Just like that I realized I had no batting at home, so I ended up with a scrap from a thin fleece. Oh well, it'll probably work too. I glue the waxed paper on the fleece, and sew along the lower part of the paper template through the fleece and the outer fabric. It is easy if you follow the template.

Likadant på fodret. Här måste jag dock lämna en öppning I nederdelen vilket jag kom på när jag sytt. Men det är bara att sy lite förstärkningar i vardera sida och sedan sprätta bort tråden.
Then the same on the lining. Here, I have to leave an opening in the bottom, which I found out when I hand stitched the entire lower part. But that's just to sew some reinforcements in each side and then rip off the thread.

Så där ja…nu var det bara resten. Vi får se om jag lyckas eller inte… :-)
That's it ... now it is just rest. We'll see if I succeed or not ... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment