Sunday, July 9, 2017

Appliqué and statements - 2




Snart klar.



Soon finished. 

Jag gjorde lite annorlunda med dessa när jag skulle skära tyget vid satinkanten. Istället som i vanliga fall sy en raksöm och sedan klippa och avsluta med sicksack och satin så sydde jag allt i en följd. Detta för att jag använde en baksida som var i det närmaste samma storlek som den ”outline” jag sytt. Det blev alltså väldigt svårt att klippa.

I did a little differently with these when I would cut the fabric at the satin border. Instead, as in the usual case, sew a straight stitch seam and then cut and finish with zigzag stitch and satin, I sewed everything in sequence. This is because I used a back that was nearly the same size as the "outline" I stitched. It was thus very difficult to cut.
Därefter så la jag en tunn sträng lim som är klart och är mjukt när det torkat längs kanten på fram och baksidan. Det blev som en försegling. Sedan skar jag nära satinkanten. Funkade ganska bra faktiskt.
Then I added a thin string of glue that is clear and is soft when it dried along the edge on front and back. It became like a seal. Then I cut near the satin edge. Worked quite well actually.
Designs: BEAUTIFUL APPLIQUE STARS  from fruBlomgren

No comments:

Post a Comment